To protect web servers from abuse, there is a limit set for how much PHP script memory an action can use. When your WordPress code requires more memory than the default allocated memory, you'll get this error.
By default, WordPress automatically tries to increase PHP memory limit if it is less than 64MB. Envato Hosted accounts are all set to 256MB, which is more than enough for most "safe" actions.
- Return to the admin Dashboard page
- Retry the action that produced the error
- If the problem re-occurs:
- Double-check the theme or plugin documentation to ensure you're following the correct steps.
- If you are attempting to install or activate a plugin, check our Disallowed Plugins article to ensure you're not trying to load a blocked or incompatible plugin
- If you have a lot of plugins activated (more than 10), try to reduce the number active, then re-try the update or install
Still not working? Please get in touch with us via the Support button in your WordPress admin and include the following:
- Did you recently install or update a theme or plugin? If so which one?
- What was the last thing you remember doing in your admin?
- When were you last able to load the site without this error?