Common Wording in Chrome:
This page isn't working
<your site url> redirected you too many times. Try clearing your cookies.
Wording in Firefox:
The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
Also seen as:
Your Page is in a Redirect Loop
This error usually occurs due to a misconfigured domains or permalink structure. If your domain is not pointed correctly, or a plugin or file is attempting to change your urls, your site may end up redirecting users to a URL that is actually redirecting them back to the referring URL. In that case the browser becomes trapped between two pages in a loop and fails.
- If your domain name is hosted elsewhere, make sure it is setup correctly to point to your site on envato using nameserver settings only. See How to Point Your Domain to Envato from neutral registrar
- If you have an SSL certificate on your domain host, you may deactivate it. SSL is enabled on your envato account instead and only needs to be activated once after the domain is pointed and resolving as outlined in step 1. See How Do I Setup SSL or https For My Site?
- Make sure your domain is setup to send requests to both www.yourdomain.com AND the non-www version ( yourdomain.com )
- If you can access your admin, try deactivating all plugins under the Plugins page, then try again.
- If your site was recently migrated from a different host, or you knowingly tried to change the content of your .htaccess or wp-config.php file, login to your site via FTP and delete the .htaccess file, then restore the original wp-config file from before you edited it.
Still not working? Please get in touch with us via the Support tab on your Envato Hosted account page and include the following:
- Did you recently install or update a theme or plugin? If so which one?
- What was the last thing you remember doing in your admin?
- When were you last able to load the site without this error?
- Did you recently change or point your domain?