To protect web servers from abuse, there is a time limit set for how long a PHP script can run. MAX_EXECUTION errors typically indicate the running process is trying to do something that is taking too long or has encountered a problem and is hung up.
Envato Hosted accounts are all set to 30 seconds, which is more than enough for most "safe" actions.
- Return to the admin Dashboard page
- Retry the action that produced the error
- If the problem re-occurs:
- Double-check the theme or plugin documentation to ensure you're following the correct steps.
- If you are attempting to install or activate a plugin, check our Disallowed Plugins article to ensure you're not trying to load a blocked or incompatible plugin
- If you have a lot of plugins activated (more than 10), try to reduce the number active, then re-try the update or install
Still not working? Please get in touch with us via the Support button in your WordPress admin and include the following:
- Did you recently install or update a theme or plugin? If so which one?
- What was the last thing you remember doing in your admin?
- When were you last able to load the site without this error?