This error typically indicates the url you are trying to view is incorrect, the content is not published, or the file/page does not exist.
Verify Your URL is correct
If you recently changed your url, such as going from a temp url to a published domain, or switching domains, you may need to fix urls to some content on your site such as logos, backgrounds or other images that are set using their full URL paths.
Ensure you are logged in using your domain followed by wp-admin, example http://www.test.com/wp-admin/ and not http://www.test.com.envatohostedview.com/wp-admin/
Regenerate Your Permalinks
- Login to your WordPress admin and go to Settings > Permalinks
- Ensure Post Name is selected
- Click Save (even if you didn't change anything)
- Reload the url.
- If the issue persists, continue:
Does the page or file exist?
- From the WordPress admin, enter the admin area where this content lives (Posts, Pages, etc)
- Locate the page there and ensure it is Published.
- If the error is coming from an image or other file in a page or post, edit the page and re-select the file from your media library to ensure the correct url path is created/reset, then save and Update the page.
- If issues persist, Verify the page slugs are correct. See How to Fix Page Slugs
If this is a new site or it is still not working, please get in touch with us via the Support tab of your Hosted account and include the following:
- Did you recently install or update a theme or plugin? If so which one?
- What was the last thing you remember doing in your admin?
- Has your domain or url changed recently?