Before you can do this, the following must be completed:
- Your domain must be pointed and working to display your site
- SSL must be enabled if it will be used (recommended)
- Your Google Analytics code must be added to your site.
Need to Set Up Google Analytics?
In most cases, your theme has a Google Analytics field for the full code snippet or your Analytics ID. Please check your theme options.
You may alternatively use the Google Analytics Dashboard plugin, or the WP Disable plugin which both facilitate connecting to Google Analytics.
Site Verification for Search Console/GSuite:
- Login to Google
- Add your URL to the Add Property field. Note that if your site has SSL enabled, it should have an https:// prefix!
- On the page that appears, click Alternate Methods tab
- Choose Google Analytics and click Verify
- You may also use the HTML file upload method. See How to Access FTP for your site.
If your site/property is already added but you need to change verification methods:
- On the Search Console home page, click the property that you want.
- Click the gear icon , and then click Users & Property Owners.
- Click Manage property owners, and then click Verify using a different method.
- Verify your property again using the new method.