This article provides a brief outline of steps you need to take to setup your new Hosted account with Enfold by Kriesi.
Be sure to see our general overview for using your Hosted account and logging into WordPress here
Getting On Board
When you first login to WordPress, you will see some default notifications and the Envato Hosted getting started wizard:
Click Let's Start! To run through the wizard. Please note that adding your domain here does NOT point the domain or make your site go live if your domain is already registered somewhere else with an existing site. It only submits a request to update your account and temporary URL. When you are ready to launch your site, you may then update the name servers at your domain host to get your new site to appear when your domain is typed into the browser. (We've linked a guide for that at the end of this article)
Step 1 - Install Updates
Before you can load any page templates, or import full demo content, you will need to update the required plugins that come with your theme, if prompted.
You will typically see a notice or orange bubble under Dashboard > Updates if plugins need to be installed or updated:
- Click on Plugins from your admin menu.
- Any plugins needing an update will show a little notice. Click the Update link and do not navigate away from the page until each update completes and shows you a green checkmark. Events Calendar and WooCommerce are the most common updates needed and can take a couple minutes.
- Make sure all the plugins are active.
Install Contact Form 7
Some Enfold demos use Contact Form 7 instead of the preset contact page template. This includes forms you see in the Footer or sidebar of some demos.
- Go to Plugins > Add New and type Contact Form 7 into the Search field at top-right
- Click Install on the Contact Form 7 plugin
- Activate when complete
- This adds a new admin menu item Contact where you may find the default Contact form.
Step 2 - Load a Pre-Made Design
Next, where you will begin depends on how you signed up for Envato Hosted.
- If you chose an Enfold design via https://envato.com/websites, your design and plugins will be pre-installed and you can skip to Step 4
- If you signed up directly from the Enfold page on themeforest.net, you'll need to decide if you want to start building your site from scratch, or if you want to start from one of the demo designs. The benefit of starting from scratch is that you have the cleanest results and only the content you have created. When using a demo, you have the benefit of pre-made layouts you can customize to some degree, but will need to delete all the demo pages and posts you won't use later when you're ready to launch.
To load a pre-made design:
- Click on Enfold in your WordPress admin sidebar
- Click Demo Import in the theme options menu
- Choose the demo you would like to load
- If your demo requires a plugin that is not installed, it will be noted to the right of the import thumbnail. Click the link for the plugin to install/activate it if it was not preloaded (for example, BBPress)
- When you're ready, hover over the thumbnail and click Click to Import
- Be patient! This import process can take several minutes while large images and content is transferred to your site. Do not navigate away from the page and wait until it says complete at 100% before continuing.
Step 3 - Configure WordPress & WooCommerce
WordPress Site Name
- Go to Settings > General
- Enter your site name and tagline (or leave the tagline blank) and click Save.
- Go to Settings > Permalinks, ensure Post Name is selected and click Save to regenerate all the links
You may click the Run Setup Wizard purple button in your admin to go through the initial setup using the quick setup method.
When you are ready to get into detailed setup of your shop or products, refer to the WooCommerce documentation suite:
Step 4 - Configure Theme Options
You can customize most aspects of your theme such as colors, fonts, layout and element visibility through the theme options panel.
- Click on Enfold in your WordPress admin menu to get started
- Go through each tab to customize the settings where desired.
- Click Save Changes when finished
Common Settings to check are:
- Your Google Maps API key under Google Services
- Your Logo set under Theme Options (first link)
- Button and fonts under Advanced Customization
- The Social Icon links set under Social Profiles
For detailed help with theme options, see Enfold Video Tutorials here
Step 5 - Customize Your Content
To begin customizing a pre-made page layout, view the page on the front-end and click Edit Page in your admin toolbar. The admin editor will appear.
For detailed documentation on the enfold builder, see
Any pre-made slider loaded with your demo are found under LayerSlider WP in your admin menu if not using a Content Slider element. Click on the slider thumbnail to enter the editor. You may find detailed help and documentation for Layerslider here:
Importing Old Content
If you have pre-existing posts or products exported to XML format from another WordPress website, you may import them under Tools > Import
Important note for those of you migrating or importing content from a site that was not using Enfold:
Post types like portfolios, testimonials, etc from a different theme cannot be imported to Enfold and will need to be re-created using Enfold's post types/builder.
Page layouts created in another theme that did not use Enfold will not look the same or show any content when imported to your Enfold site and will need to be recreated.
If you had posts such as Events or products that were created using a plugin on your old site, you need to install those plugins before importing your XML!
You will also need to do a few other things in WordPress before you're ready to launch:
- Customize Menus
- Customizing the Footer
- Setup Your Email if using an address on your domain in contact forms
- Point Your Domain