The following outlines how to use Select shortcodes to add social icons in Select themes.
We do not recommend using shortcodes in the footer! If you need to add social icons to your footer please use the plugin method
- Go to Pages > Add New to create a new draft page, then click the blue S icon in the editor toolbar to access the shortcode list. Choose the Icon option (also named Social Icon in some themes)
- The icon shortcode options will appear where you can choose the icon, colors, link, etc. For example, the options for recreating the Stockholm icons are as follows:
- Choose Circle, then select the social network from the Font Awesome drop-down.
- Choose Small from the size drop-down.
- Enter your profile url in the Link field
- Choose Blank from the Target drop-down
- Click OK to close the options panel. This will insert the shortcode into the page editor.
- Repeat for the other icons you want to show.
- When done, you will have a big block of code in the post editor. Copy the whole thing.
- Go to the Appearance > Customize screen and go back into Widgets and expand the Footer Widget panel where you want the icons to appear.
- If there is an existing Text widget, expand it, then replace the existing code with the new code. If no widget exists, click Add Widget and choose the Text Widget, then paste your new code there and click Save Changes