Below are the instructions from Google for creating new keys:
Follow these steps to get an API key:
- Go to the Google Maps Platform homepage.
- Click Get Started
- You will be prompted to enable the platform. Check Maps and click Continue
- Click the dropdown to Create a New Project and give it a name, then click Next
- If prompted, click Create Billing Account and follow the prompts to complete
- Google Requires billing for use of the Google Maps APO, even though you will not be billed unless usage goes over the free number of views. Learn More here
- The Google Maps API is only required for special map features in a plugin or theme. If you just want to embed a map on a page, you may a create a free one here, then click Embed to grab the embed code:
- Once your billing account is setup, the API will be enabled.
- Under Get your Credentials, copy the API Key
Back in WordPress, paste the key into the Google Maps API Key field and Save your changes.
New pricing and product changes will go into effect starting June 11, 2018. For more information, check out the Guide for Existing Users.