This tutorial outlines how you can add widgets to a Wide or "mega menu" in Bridge. To learn how to setup a mega menu, see
Step 1 - Create Custom Widget Areas:
- From the WordPress admin, go to Appearance > Widgets
- On the bottom right, enter a name for your widget areas such as "Menu 1" and click Add Widget Area
- Add a widget to that new widget area to display in one of your mega menu columns.
For best results, use widgets intended for the sidebar such as text widgets, Custom Menu Widgets (to display a list of links), etc. In most cases, only one widget will fit per column, though some widgets can be stacked such as a text widget and Social Links widget.
Avoid using any dynamic content in the menu widget area! This includes sliders, Twitter or Facebook widgets, maps or other widgets that need to generate or retrieve data from a 3rd party as it will slow loading of your menu.
Step 2 - Create Your Menu and Select Widget Areas to Create Drop-Down:
- Go to Appearance > Menus and select your main menu
- Expand the main link to use as the drop-down for your mega menu.
- Expand the "column heading" link or sub-menu link the widget should appear under and choose the corresponding widget area
- Click Save
If you want multiple images or widgets you will have to create a custom widget area for each image. The mega menu can accomodate up to four columns.