This message may appear on initial install of bundled premium plugins such as Revolution Slider, LayerSlider or Visual Composer (WP Bakery Page Builder) on a new site, or while attempting to update the plugin from a theme's Required Plugin Installer.
The message is due to an incorrect path to the plugin file in the theme because the theme is outdated. Premium plugins that come with your theme require the theme to be updated first to gain access to the updated plugin installs.
First, ensure your theme is up to date. If your theme uses manual updates and you require help with updating, please get in touch with us via Get Help below.
Once you update your theme, it should prompt you to update your bundled plugins. with a similar notice to this one:
Click Begin Updating Plugins
- At the top of the list you will see a count of how many plugins need to be installed, activated or updated.
- Each update must be done one at a time.
- Hover over the plugin title and click Update
- Please note, some plugins can take several minutes. Be patient and do not navigate away from the page while the installer runs in the background.
- Activate required plugins if they are deactivated.
Manual Install of Missing Plugins
If you are unable to do the above, the missing plugin can usually be installed manually and is found in the theme download.
- Download your theme package
- Unzip the themeforest download to find the theme folder containing all of the files. If you are on a Mac, you may already have an unzipped folder.
- In some theme packages, there is a plugins folder right in the root that will have the latest LayerSlider zip in it. If you don't see it, unzip the theme (ie pitchwp.zip) and navigate to the plugins folder. The following example uses Pitch by Select
- Inside plugins you should see the layerslider zip
- In your WordPress admin, go to Plugins > Add New and click Upload at the top
- Browse to this layerslider zip file and click Open, then Install
- Wait for the install to complete and do not browse away from the page - it may take several minutes
- Click activate on the success message.
Need our help getting started? Click Get Help below and let us know what your URL and which plugin is failing and we will help you get it installed as soon as possible!