This message may appear on initial install of this plugin on a new site, or while attempting to update the plugin from a theme's Required Plugin Installer and is due to an incorrect path to the plugin file in the theme.
To solve it, you can usually install Layerslider manually from the theme download. You only need to do this if you intend to use Layerslider or the demo you will be loading from the theme requires LayerSlider to be active. Avada, Bridge and all Select themes demos rarely use LayerSlider, so this plugin can be safely skipped.
- Download your theme package
- Unzip the themeforest download to find the theme folder containing all of the files. If you are on a Mac, you may already have an unzipped folder.
- In some theme packages, there is a plugins folder right in the root that will have the latest LayerSlider zip in it. If you don't see it, unzip the theme (ie pitchwp.zip) and navigate to the plugins folder. The following example uses Pitch by Select
- Inside plugins you should see the layerslider zip
- In your WordPress admin, go to Plugins > Add New and click Upload at the top
- Browse to this layerslider zip file and click Open, then Install
- Wait for the install to complete and do not browse away from the page - it may take several minutes
- Click activate on the success message.
Need our help getting started? Click Get Help below and let us know what your URL and which plugin is failing and we will help you get it installed as soon as possible!