This article provides a brief outline of steps you need to take to setup your new Hosted account with Woffice.
Be sure to see our general overview for using your Hosted account and logging into WordPress here
Getting On Board
When you first login to WordPress, you will see some default notifications and the Envato Hosted getting started wizard:
- Click the X to dismiss the WP Bakery Page Builder activation request. This plugin is bundled with your theme and does not require activation.
- Click Let's Start! To run through the wizard. Please note that adding your domain here does NOT point the domain or make your site go live if your domain is already registered somewhere else with an existing site. It only submits a request to update your account and temporary URL. When you are ready to launch your site, you may then update the name servers at your domain host to get your new site to appear when your domain is typed into the browser. (We've linked a guide for that below)
- Continue with installing plugins:
Step 1 - Install Updates & Plugins
Update and Install Plugins
Before you can load any page templates, or import full demo content, you will need to install or update the required plugins that come with your theme, if prompted.
You will typically see a notice at the top of your page if plugins need to be installed or updated.
Click Install theme compatible extensions in the red notice at the top of your admin screen
- You will be brought to a simple plugin installer asking to install Mega Menu and Backup & Demo Content.
- Click Yes Install these extensions
- When complete, click Return to extensions page. This is the Unyson extensions library page which you can also reach by clicking Unyson on your admin menu. Unyson is the framework your theme uses for most of its front-end functionality.
Step 2 - Configure WordPress
- Go to Settings > General
- Enter your site name and tagline (or leave the tagline blank) and click Save.
- Go to on WP Bakery Page Builder > Role Manager
- Select Custom from the Post Types drop-down and ensure Page and Post are checked (you may optionally select Project, though Projects and Wikis are not designed for the builder and have their own specific content layout/functions)
Step 3 - Load the Demo Content
We strongly recommend using Woffice demo content to understand how the theme is put together if this is your first time setting up a BuddyPress site.
To load a pre-made design:
- Click on Appearance > Install Demo Content
- Click Install for the design you would like to load.
- Note: do not choose All in One unless you really want it all (this demo loads hundreds of objects!)
- Wait a few minutes for the import to complete. When finished, you will see a success message and can preview your homepage
Designs Using Slider Revolution
Some pre-made layouts use Slider Revolution to create the beautiful animated intros. If your imported site looks mostly complete, but is missing the main page slider, it will need to be imported separately. Please contact us via Get Help for quick assistance.
Step 4 - Configure Theme Options
You can customize most visual aspects of your theme such as colors, fonts, layout and element visibility through the theme options panel.
- Click on Appearance > Theme Settings in your admin sidebar.
- Go through each tab to customize the settings where desired.
- Click Save Changes when finished
Important Settings to check are:
- Enable Live Chat should be set to NOPE under Alka Pro. Please use BuddyPress messaging or a 3rd party service such as Slack. For more information on why we don't allow chat plugins, see Envato Hosted: Plugins to Avoid
- Permissions control how your site content is accessed. Please read the documentation for this here: https://doc.alka-web.com/woffice/#documentation-setup-permissions
- Your Google Maps API key under General
- Your Logo is set under Header Bar
For a detailed walkthrough of Woffice's options, please start here: https://doc.alka-web.com/woffice/#documentation-setup-permissions
Step 5 - Customize Your Content
Woffice comes with two page builders - Unyson and Visual Composer. All of Unyson's pre-made pages use Unyson's builder exclusively. Visual Composer is supplied to allow you to create custom Post or Events layouts only.
Sliders are found under Slider Revolution in your admin menu. Click on the slider thumbnail to enter the editor. View our Overview for Customizing slides
When editing Pages designed using the Unyson Builder, you may edit the content of an element by hovering over it and clicking the pencil icon.
For detailed documentation on Unyson and creating custom layouts, see the following overview
If you have pre-existing posts or products exported to XML format from another WordPress website, you may import them under Tools > Import.
Important note for those of you migrating or importing content from a site that was not using Betheme:
Post types like portfolios, testimonials, etc from a different theme cannot be imported to BeTheme and will need to be re-created using BeTheme's post types.
Page layouts created in another theme that used Visual Composer will not look the same but can work in BeTheme by activating Visual Composer for pages.
If you had posts such as Events or products that were created using a plugin on your old site, you need to install those plugins before importing your XML!
For detailed documentation on the plugins included in Woffice:
For general help :
- Customize Menus
- Customizing the Footer
- Getting Started With Contact Form 7
- How to Setup Email for Your Domain
For support or questions about WordPress or your theme, you may search our answers or contact us via the green Get Help button in your WordPress admin