This guide provides a quick overview for how to get started with editing Slider Revolution sliders that may come with your theme's pre-made website layouts or demo content.
For detailed documentation and help with Slider Revolution, please refer to the Themepunch Documentation Suite.
Finding the Slider
- Go to Slider Revolution in your WordPress admin sidebar.
- Click the thumbnail corresponding to the slider you want to edit.
Change the Background (Images)
- From the slider edit screen, click the thumbnail for the slide you want to change
- Under Main Background, select the Main/Background option and click Media Library to open your image manager.
- Upload a new image or select an existing image under the Media Library tab and click Insert.
Slider Image Sizes
- For best results, images should be high-definition, between 1920px and 2560px wide and under 2.5MB in file size.
- For sliders with a specified height, the image needs to be at least as tall as the slider height.
- For parallax sliders (where the image stays in place while you scroll), the image needs to be at least twice as tall as the slider height.
- Full screen sliders need images at least 1920x1280.
You may select the YouTube, Vimeo or HTML6 video option instead of Main/Background image if you want to use a video background. Video backgrounds still need a "poster" or static image following the above specs in order to look good on small screens or devices that can't play back your video.
Video backgrounds are muted by default and do not have play controls.
YouTube and Vimeo both take just the video ID which is at the end of the video's URL.
To add HTML5 video (one you host yourself instead of on a streaming service), you need an optimized video clip less than 10MB/10 seconds that can loop and which has been converted into mp4, ogv and webm formats. We strongly recommend using Vimeo vs self-hosting video if you are new to using video media in your websites.
Edit the Slide Text
To edit headings and content in the slider, scroll down to the slide preview and simply double-click the text you want to change, then type the new text in the box that drops down.
Options such as the font, size and color are located in the editor toolbar above the text box.
Advanced Editing: Animations, Navigation & Layers
To learn more about creating custom sliders or changing things like the animations on the content, transition effects, etc, see the Slider Revolution video tutorial series.
- Click on the button in the preview and then click the Actions tab in the toolbar above the slide preview.
- If you do not see a Click action, click the little plus icon to add one
- Choose Click, Simple Link, add your URL, and select A tag link instead of jQuery link.
Note: When adding links to pages on your own site, make sure the link has your permanent domain or no domain, otherwise make a note to test and change this link later after your domain has been added to WordPress.
For example, a link URL of http://yoursite.com.routing.envatohostedview.com/pagename/ should be just /pagename/ or what the link will be on the final domain, ie http://yoursite.com/pagename/