Description of problem:
When in an Avada page using the builder, you can click Templates, then save the layout or container under a custom name. This typically looks like it is working, until you close the library window. If you open it again or try to access these saved templates in a new page, the template/container will be missing.
Templates will not save/not listed after saving:
- First, ensure Avada is up to date, has the correct version of Fusion Builder, and the patcher has been run.
- Go to Avada > Theme Options and click on Advanced and ensure the CSS and JS compilers are OFF then click Clear Fusion Caches and OK on the success message. Click Save Changes.
- Make sure you save the container or template using a totally unique name with no special characters, ie "Custom Page Type X" - in other words, not "Services" which already exists under the demo templates.
- Ensure the page you are saving the template from is published or saved at least once. Templates cannot be saved from auto-drafts.
- Go to Fusion builder and click on Settings in your admin menu. At the bottom of the Fusion Builder settings, click Export Fusion Templates. Save it somewhere easy to find.
- Click Import and import that file. Once completed, go to a new page and click Templates and you should see the custom templates loaded finally.
If issues persist:
Deactivate all plugins except fusion core and fusion builder. If this works, please get in touch with us via Get Help below.