Before you begin, you will need an XML file to import, either provided by your theme or exported from another WordPress installation. See How to Backup Restore or Transfer Content for export help if needed.
- Click on Tools → Import
- Click Run Importer under WordPress.
- If the Importer is not installed, follow the prompts to install and activate, then continue.
- If your previous site is no longer online, image import may fail
- If you are importing demo content from a theme, this process may not import all images you see in the demo online due to licensing restrictions. This is usually indicated in the theme documentation or on the theme purchase page.
- Media larger than 7MB may fail to import due to server restrictions.