This article provides a brief outline of steps you need to take to setup your new Hosted account with the Infinite theme.
Step 1 - Install Plugins
Before you can load any page templates, or import full demo content, you will need to install the required plugins that come with your theme.
You will typically see a notice at the top of your page if plugins need to be installed:
Infinite requires Revolution Slider, Envato Market (aka Envato Toolkit), GoodLayers Core, Goodlayers Portfolio Post type and Contact Form 7 to be installed and activated. If you do not see this notice, click Plugins to ensure these are already active and skip to Step 2.
- Click Begin installing plugins
- Check the box at the top of the list to select all
- Choose Install under each plugin (we recommend doing them one at a time)
- This process may take several minutes to complete - do not navigate away from the page until finished. The page will refresh and show you Activate links when install is complete.
- Click Activate under each plugin (or check the box to select all and choose Activate from the Bulk Actions drop-down)
Bundled plugins such as Revoution Slider that come with your theme are managed by the theme and cannot be updated manually from the main Plugins page. You may safely dismiss and ignore any update notices for these plugins.
Step 2 - Configure WordPress
- Go to Settings > Permalinks
- Choose Post Name and click Save
Step 3 - Import Content
Next, you'll need to decide if you want to start building your site from scratch, or if you want to start from one of the demos. The benefit of starting from scratch is that you have the cleanest results and only the content you have created. When using a demo, you have the benefit of pre-made layouts you can customize, but will need to delete all the un-needed pages and posts later when you're ready to launch. Some demos load a great deal of content you may not use!
You may choose to load only demo page layouts, which import the individual page layouts shown in the various Avada demo sites, but without the images. This is suggested if you have existing WordPress content you plan to import.
- Click on GoodLayers > Getting Started then click the Import Demo button
- In Step 1 box, Choose the demo you would like to load by selecting it in the drop-down. You may click the View Demo link to browse the demo online after you select it to make sure it is the right one. We recommend you only choose one demo to load to avoid conflicts.
- In the Step 2 box, ensure all boxes are checked for new sites and click Start Import Demo
Some Infinite demos require Revolution Slider files to be imported. If you need these and do not yet have access to download your theme on Themeforest, please contact us. You may otherwise import any other template from Slider Revolution > Add Slider From Template
Step 4 - Configure Theme Options
You can customize most aspects of your theme such as colors, fonts, layout and element visibility through the theme options panel.
- Click on GoodLayers in your WordPress admin menu to get started
- Go through each tab to customize the settings where desired.
- Click Save Changes when finished
Common Settings to check are:
- Your Logo set under the Logo tab
- Your Email Address set under Contact Form
- The Social Icon links set under Social Media
Step 5 - Customize Your Content
When editing Pages, Posts or Portfolio items designed using Infinite Builder, you may edit the content of an element by hovering over it and clicking the edit icon.
The page editor:
You may switch between a Live view to show you how the layout will look, and a Preview Mode which shows you the wireframe. The preview mode can oftentimes be easier to use if you need to drag and drop.
All elements must be inside a Wrapper. Each Wrapper = section of the page.
To delete and element, column or wrapper, click the X icon
To change the width of a column inside a Wrapper, click the edit icon on the top-right of the wrapper and choose the Content Width. The wrapper itself is always full-width.
For detailed documentation on Infinite, view the Infinite Documentation Suite