Before You Begin
- Export your content
- Export your theme settings
- Export your Fusion templates
- Go to Fusion Builder from your admin menu and click on Settings. At the bottom of the Fusion Builder settings, click Export Fusion Templates. Save it somewhere easy to find.
- Export your widgets
- Click on Dashboard > Updates
- If Avada has an update available, it will be listed under Themes. Please click the link in the update notice to view the changelog so you are aware of how the update may impact your pages
- Check Avada, then click Update Theme
- Wait for the process to complete, which may take several minutes while showing you a blank admin page. Do not browse away from the Dashboard or make changes to your site during the update process.
- When the process is complete, you will see a success message.
If you receive an error or the process times out, please contact us.
Update Bundled Plugins
1. Go to Avada > Plugins
2. Fusion Core and Fusion Builder should have orange update required notices displaying on the thumbnails. Click Update on Fusion Core first.
3. Wait for the process to finish and display a success message:
If you receive a folder already exists error here, you can connect to your site via FTP and delete the existing fusion-core folder from wp-content/plugins/. If you are not comfortable using FTP, please contact us ASAP and let us know you need help reinstalling Fusion plugins.
4. Click Return to Required Plugins Installer
5. Repeat these steps to update Fusion Builder
Avada releases mini updates in the form of patches to solve specific problems. These need to be applied to ensure your theme continues to run smoothly.
1. Go to Avada > Apply Patches
2. Click Apply Patch for any available patches and wait for the success message.
3. Apply the next patch. Work your way from top to bottom until all patches are applied.