- Export your content
- Export your theme settings
- Export your Fusion templates
- Go to Fusion Builder from your admin menu and click on Settings. At the bottom of the Fusion Builder settings, click Export Fusion Templates. Save it somewhere easy to find.
- Export your widgets
- Subscribe to the Avada newsletter to be notified about new updates coming in the future!
This update process should take about 15 minutes. Be sure to follow each section in the order shown here and complete all three sections to update the theme, plugins and run patches. If your site is partially updated, skip that section and move on to the next to ensure all updates are completed. Do not perform any editing functions in WordPress while updates are running, including changing theme options, editing or creating pages, etc.
- Click on Dashboard > Updates
- If Avada has an update available, it will be listed under Themes.
- Check the box to the left of the Avada listing, then click Update Theme
- Don't see any updates? Click Avada > Registration and make sure you see a registration key. If not, contact us via Get Help below.
- Wait for the process to complete, which may take several minutes while showing you a blank admin page. Do not browse away from the Dashboard or make changes to your site during the update process.
- When the process is complete, you will see a success message. Click Return to WordPress Updates page
If you receive an error or the process times out, please contact us.
Update Bundled Plugins
Fusion Core and Fusion Builder are required to use Avada. Fusion Builder can only be installed after Fusion Core is updated to version 3.0 or higher. Convert Plus, ACF Pro, Slider Revolution & Layer Slider are premium plugins included in Avada and can only be updated from this screen. Before updating premium plugins, please always make sure Avada is on the latest available version. The other public plugins such as WooCommerce and Contact Form 7 offer design integration with Avada and can be updated from the main plugins page as well.
The following notice will appear when your fusion plugins need to be updated to match your theme version.
1. Go to Avada > Plugins or click the Manage Plugins button in the notice if you see it.
2. Fusion Core and Fusion Builder should have orange update required notices displaying on the thumbnails. Click Update on Fusion Core first.
Do not click update on multiple plugins at the same time.
Do not navigate away from the page or do other things in WordPress until it is complete.
3. Wait for the process to finish and display a success message:
If you receive a folder already exists error here, you can connect to your site via FTP and delete the existing fusion-core folder from wp-content/plugins/. If you are not comfortable using FTP, please contact us ASAP and let us know you need help reinstalling Fusion plugins.
4. Click Return to Required Plugins Installer
5. Repeat these steps to update Fusion Builder and any other plugins listed here that need updates
Avada releases mini updates in the form of patches to solve specific problems. These need to be applied to ensure your theme continues to run smoothly.
1. Go to Avada > Apply Patches
2. Click Apply Patch for any available patches and wait for the success message.
3. Apply the next patch. Work your way from top to bottom until all patches are applied.
Update other Plugins
Keep your site up to date and secure by ensuring any 3rd party plugins are updated.
- Go to Plugins in your admin menu
- Click the Update link under any plugins showing you an update notice.
- Do not navigate away from the page until all of the plugins updating show a green success message.