When Installing a bundled plugin for your theme, you may get an error that the plugin install failed because the folder already exists.
This is caused by a partial or failed install of the plugin once before.
You must delete the folder from your WordPress plugins directory:
- Connect to your site using FTP. See this article for how to find your login details.
- Navigate into wp-content and open the plugins folder
- Locate the problem plugin folder and right-click to choose Rename. Rename it by adding -old to the end.
- Now right-click and choose Delete to begin the deletion
- You may proceed with the plugin install while the renamed folder is deleting.
If you need assistance with the above, please contact Theme Support and let us know which plugin is causing the problem.