Jump Start Your Website with our Custom Setup Services
Have you ever bought an awesome WordPress theme only to find out that making it fit your content and needs is more complicated than you thought? Or maybe you’re a creative professional, but need a jump start with your next client project.
As part of your new Envato Hosted annual subscription, we are happy to offer Hosted Theme setup & configuration assistance to help you get going on a great looking site.
Who is it For?
Our Custom Site Setup services are perfect for
- New sites
- Novice users
- Sites that don’t need a lot of additional custom design
- Design pros looking to minimize time spent on configuration
- Envato Hosted yearly subscribers with a theme we pre-installed.
What You Get
As part of your Custom Site Setup package, we will:
- Load the theme's demo content or any one of your theme's Pre-Made Designs
- Add your logo
- Add or remove sections from the homepage layout (page builder themes only)*
- Change text and images in the homepage slider if there is one
- Configure your desired look for blog/archives based on any of the demo layouts (includes hiding of author, date, etc)
- Add up to 10 top-level links in your navigation menu linking to the theme pages you’d like to use.
- Setup your sidebars and footer if needed
- Configure fonts and colors to match your brand**
- Provide you with next steps on launching your site and guidance on whether you need additional help from a WordPress developer or content manager.
In addition to setup, we can assist with the following:
- Guidance on using Theme Options, Theme Builders or navigating WordPress features as part of our ongoing support offer.
- Removal of any unwanted elements.
- General advice on bundled plugins or how to implement other features not included in your theme
- Cleanup of demo content
- Contact Form setup
*This service only includes customization of the homepage. All additional pages will use a pre-designed layout included with the theme package. Configuration of plugins is not included in this setup, including WooCommerce, Yoast SEO, BuddyPress or plugins you install yourself, but we will provide you with detailed guides for doing so.
**Font customization is limited to free Google fonts included in the theme.
Need help choosing a design or theme with the most customization features? Drop us a line below!
How does it work?
- You send us your completed request
- We’ll confirm receipt and let you know if there is anything else we need.
- We begin working on the request as soon as we can, usually within 48 hours.
- Setup is typically completed the same day we start if you have provided us a complete worksheet.
- We’ll get in touch via your ticket to let you know your site is ready for you begin personalizing and provide you with some next steps, including:
- Online documentation for using your theme’s options and design tools
- Access to WordPress tutorial videos - extra helpful if you’re new to WordPress!
- Instructions for how to add your domain
- How to begin optimizing your site for search engines
- How you can improve speed and performance
- Tips for how to prepare your finished site for launch
Custom setup of the Technology demo in Bridge theme
Requesting This Service
What You'll Need
Envato Hosted Annual Subscription & Hosted Theme
Custom Setup Services are available with Envato Hosted annual subscriptions with an Envato Hosted theme (those you choose from https://envato.com/websites or via the Get Theme With Hosting option on themeforest.net)
Photos & Content
We’ll leave it to you to provide ready-to-use content and photos that best represent your business. We’ll move what you give us into your site where possible and clearly outlined.
Ready to get started?
Great! We just need a little information about you and your website to begin. Please copy and paste this questionairre into the body of the linked request form below (please do not send us Word documents for security reasons)
- Your website name
- Do you have an existing site we can visit? If yes, URL___
- Which Template or demo site design would you like to start from?
- Your Logo (may link or attach a transparent PNG file)
- Your color scheme (please choose at least two colors and provide the hex codes - we can only change them for you once! Online Color Picker)
- What pages do you want in your main menu? (You may list up to 10 top-level links for horizontal menus)
- Which template or layout from the demo do you want to use on each of these pages? (If you like the layouts used on the demo, simply indicate "same as demo")
- Do you want the text changed in the homepage slider? If so, describe here:
- Do you need us to change the image or colors? If so, please attach or link to the image and describe here:
- Do you want elements removed from the homepage? If Yes, describe here:
- Do you want a section added to the homepage? If yes, please provide reference to the demo showing the element to add, or describe in detail here: (example: remove testimonials, add blog grid)
- What would you like in your sidebar (displayed on posts)
- What would you like in your footer?
Let us know if you need specific tweaks such as hiding the date on your blog posts, setting a different header layout such as centering the logo, or enabling a search icon in your menu, etc. Note that if you need functionality that falls outside of your theme's capabilities, we will refer to you to check out one of our Envato Studio freelancers or offer an alternative solution.
Envato Hosted offers expert WordPress and theme support to get you through any hurdles or technical problems you may experience while personalizing or maintaining your site beyond setup. To get access to instant answers to popular questions, click Get Help in your WordPress admin and search for the topic or problem and we'll either direct you to the answer or get back to you as soon as we can with a personal response.
While we are excited to help you get your site launched, it is important to note that this service is intended as a theme configuration of an established design for new sites and does not extend beyond the limits/features of the installed theme. It does not include management or creation of content, including blog posts, portfolios. Listings, or other content types beyond the demo data/templates included in your theme. It does not include advanced configuration of 3rd Party plugins such as BuddyPress, Membership Pro, Google Apps or WooCommerce for privacy reasons. We are not able to source stock photos, graphics or logos beyond what is included in the theme but can load placeholders for you. Should you need design consultation, art direction, custom logos, copywriting, SEO, custom development or 3rd party plugin support, we may direct you to Envato Studio or additional services to help you meet those goals.
Take it to the next level with a discount on Envato Studio freelancer services
Need design services, custom functionality, or a brand new logo? All Envato Hosted subscribers get a discount on Professional design and development services, including:
- Custom Theme Design
- Speed Optimization
- Custom Dynamic Sliders or Video Intros
- Ongoing Content Management & Site Maintenance
- 3rd Party Feature Support (includes Podcast Setup, BuddyPress, translation plugins, directory listers and WooCommerce)
We can assist you with enabling a different language in WordPress. However, we are unable to assist with the setup and configuration or translation of your theme or site contents. Please see the following article for advice on how to get started with translating your site to a different language:
Our primary language is English, so any pages or content we must create as part of this service will be done in English and may need to be updated by you to show in your language. This is to ensure the accuracy of the work we do.
If you have an existing site using a different theme and wish to move to Envato Hosted, we recommend asking for our free site migration to carry over your content. Under the annual plan, we are happy to assist you with customizing the new theme under the above service but will not be able to do some tasks such as redesigning your site in the new theme, converting custom content such as portfolios into the new theme structure, or replacing functionality only available in your previous theme. If you would like our help determining what your site may need prior to signup, please don't hesitate to ask and we can help match you with the best theme or look.