Page Revisions are available for Pages, Posts and most custom post types as long as the theme author has not disabled them. Please always do periodic backups of your content, as revisions cannot save you from a disaster caused by something outside of the page itself. The following steps will walk you through how to use the Revisions browser to activate a previous save of your post or page and is useful if you need to "undo" published changes, or restore an earlier layout.
If using a builder like Visual Composer or Fusion Builder, we recommend saving the layout as a template when you are satisfied, rather than depend on WordPress to capture the builder data in the revision. This also allows you to load saved layouts in any other page.
- Edit the page and locate the Revisions box at the bottom
- If you don't see it, click Screen Options at top-right of the editor and ensure Revisions is checked.
- Click on the latest revision to enter the revision-viewer.
- Use the slider toggle or Next and Previous buttons at the top to scroll between revisions.
- Click RESTORE THIS REVISION on the screen with the content appearing in the green highlighted area that you want restored.
- Preview the page to check for changes. If it is not right, back out into the Page editor and do not Save. When several revisions are available, you may need to switch between a few to get the right one. SAVE & PUBLISH once you find the right one