This article provides a brief outline of steps you need to take to setup your new Hosted account with the Bridge theme.
Step 1 - Install Plugins
Before you can load any page templates, or import full demo content, you will need to install the required plugins that come with your theme.
You will typically see a notice at the top of your page if plugins need to be installed:
- Click Begin installing plugins
- Check the box at the top of the list to select all
- Choose Install from the Bulk Actions drop-down and click Apply
- This process may take several minutes to complete - do not navigate away from the page until finished. The page will refresh and show you Activate links when install is complete.
- Click Activate under the Required plugins (or check the box to select all and choose Activate from the Bulk Actions drop-down)
Bundled plugins such as Visual Composer, Revoution Slider, LayerSlider, etc that come with your theme are managed by the theme and cannot be updated manually. You may safely dismiss and ignore any update notices for these plugins.
Step 2 - Configure WordPress
- Go to Settings > Permalinks
- Choose Post Name and click Save
Step 3 - Import Content
Next, you'll need to decide if you want to start building your site from scratch, or if you want to start from one of the demos. The benefit of starting from scratch is that you have the cleanest results and only the content you have created. When using a demo, you have the benefit of pre-made layouts you can customize, but will need to delete all the un-needed pages and posts later when you're ready to launch. Some demos load a great deal of content you may not use!
You may choose to load only demo page layouts, which import the individual page layouts shown in the various Avada demo sites, but without the images. This is suggested if you have existing WordPress content you plan to import.
- Click on Qode Import at the bottom of your WordPress admin menu.
- Choose the demo you would like to load from the drop-down. You may reference the demo names and numbers on the Bridge Theme Demo
- Select All from the Import Type drop-down
- Check the box to Import attachments
- Click Import to begin the import.
Step 4 - Configure Theme Options
You can customize most aspects of your theme such as colors, fonts, layout and element visibility through the theme options panel.
- Click on Qode Options in your WordPress admin menu to get started
- Go through each tab to customize the settings where desired.
- Click Save Changes when finished
Common Settings to check are:
- Your Logo set under the Logo tab
- Your Email Address set under Contact Form
- The Social Icon links set under Social Media
Step 5 - Customize Your Content
When editing Pages, Posts or Portfolio items designed using Visual Composer, you may edit the content of an element by hovering over it and clicking the pencil icon.
To delete and element, column or container, click the trash can icon
To change thw width of a column inside a Container, click the number button in the top-left corner of the column and choose your desired width. Widths are relative to the total number of columns in that row - 1/1 is one full-width column, 2/3 is two-thirds of a 3 column layout and so on.
For detailed documentation on Visual Composer and the various elements you can add, see the Uncode Page Builder guide
For detailed documentation on Bridge, Visual Composer and the various elements you can add, see the Bridge Documentation and Tutorials Site
For inspiration on how Bridge can be customized, see 30 Beautiful Examples of Sites Made With Bridge