Setup Your Inbox
To begin, you will need to determine if you have an email inbox at your domain registrar (most of them do) or may signup for an email domain provider. Envato Hosted does not host email directly, we can only manage the routing of email from WordPress to its destination.
Envato Hosted can automatically integrate with:
See this graphical guide to understand the difference between a website host and an email host.
Why doesn't Envato Host Email?
We aim to bring the best in hosting reliability and performance in the industry, and allow the email pros like Google and Zoho to manage email services. We understand that some customers expect email to be bundled in with their hosting plan, but we made a conscious decision to specialize solely in managed WordPress hosting.
Link Your Hosted Account
Once your inbox and email address are working at your provider:
- Login to your Hosted Dashboard
- Ensure your domain has been added to your account (the site URL should be your domain, not a temp url). See How to Point Your Domain to Envato Hosted if you need to add it.
- Click the gear icon on the right side of your listed plan and choose Email
- Select your email provider from the dropdown and click Update MX Record
Not Using Gmail or ZOHO?
- Go to your Hosted dashboard and click on Support
- From the Email Configuration section on the left, click Setup Email
- Select your domain from the first drop down
- Select your email provider from the second or note it in the comment area
- Click Submit Request
This will ensure any requests to email addresses on your domain from your website are routed to the right place. Your requests can be found under List Tickets if you would like to check the status or history.